Sunday, 20 November 2016

OOTD | LEOPARD LUXE.

Crisp, frosty mornings with blue skies and sunshine overhead are my favourite. It's so nice to actually see the sun considering I've spent the majority of the past five days holed up in a windowless office. So yesterday as Dan is staying in London for the weekend, we hopped on a tube and headed to Greenwich for an autumnal stroll around the pretty parks and markets. 

For today's post I thought I'd share with you a quick snap of my outfit as it's one that Ive been loving   since the weather has dropped by a few hundred degrees, and it's so easy to wear at this time of year. I literally throw on everything black, wrap myself up in a statement coat, accessorise with some winter woollies and I'm good to go!
This particular coat is sure to make a statement, with its bold print and knee-length. I don't know about you, but I'm absolutely loving the return of leopard print this season. I've always been a fan of animal print, despite it sometimes being frowned upon in the fashion world for being "tacky", so the fact that its back in full force for AW16 makes me very happy. This particular coat is from Primark and was a bargain buy at just £25! Needless to say that Dan was pretty horrified when I pulled it out of the wardrobe this morning - "you're not wearing that, surely?!" - but it's super chic and also super cosy, so a win-win. 

The rest of the pieces are simple, so as not to distract from the coat, though my black polo neck jumper from Topshop did have some glitter weaved into the wool. The jeans, boots and bag are from River Island, while my scarf, hat and gloves are all from M&S - a shop that I usually only venture in to buy food, but one I've been absolutely loving this season. 

We spent the day strolling in the park, scouring the street food stalls for little tasters, and hopping on the Emirates Airline Cable Cars across the Thames before having dinner and a gander around the Winter Festival at Southbank. It's safe to say we've walked miles but after a hectic few weeks it was so nice to get out of the monotony of getting up, going to work, working out and sleeping, and it's left me feeling happy and free. I also start a new job tomorrow which is super exciting (it's just until Christmas for now, but it's a start!) so a day like this was just what I needed.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
Lots of love. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I really need to explore Greenwhich more! Sounds like you had a perfect day! I looove leopard print too, I think it can be the fun and sophisticated, depending on how you wear it. All the best for the new job, how exciting!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous! :) I love it there. Thank you lovely and thanks for the luck :) xx

      Delete
  2. I can't believe Dan doesn't like this (what do boys know?!). I think its amazing, I really want one! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! *sassy gal emoji* I love it! xx

      Delete
  3. Giiiiirl that coat!!! I've been after adding some leopard print into my wardrobe and this is so perfect. What a bargain too!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love the Emirates air thingy, trés romantic! And the Southbank is so gorgeous at Xmas! I work around the corner from there so I'm always popping by :)
    Ps. That outfit is so niceee!!

    Eb x
    Http://eboniivory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eb! :) I was actually quite scared on the Emirates gondola so not very romantic haha! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS