Monday, 14 November 2016

Review | Bobbi Brown "Uber Nude" Luxe Lipstick.

If there's one makeup must-have I always keep handy, it's a nude lipstick. Simple, yet so effective, a neutral lippie goes with everything and it's safe to say I've stocked up on the shade. From MAC's Velvet Teddy to my bargain fave from Topshop, from thick mattes to shiny glosses, I've tried them all and the latest lipstick I've been giving a whirl is Bobbi Brown's Luxe Lipstick in Uber Nude
Honestly, I've not tried that much from Bobbi Brown, which is surprising considering everything I've tried has been an absolute hit. Their bronzer is one I wear daily, it's just so long lasting and adds a tiny flush of colour without looking like I've been attacked with an orange paint brush, and I've also tried some of their powders and foundations, all of which I've really liked. The lipstick is absolutely no exception. It's creamy, luxurious and the perfect "my lips but better" shade. 

Firstly, the packaging. It's pretty simple, but in no way basic with its gold plated finish, and I have to say I love the shape of the bullet. Rather than it having a sharp edge, it's rounded and soft which means it can be easily placed and applied along the lips. 

The product itself is really gorgeous. I am so impressed with how effortlessly it applies, and how creamy and moisturising it is. I've been wearing a lot of matte gloss lipsticks lately and my lips have been hating me for it. They've been drying up, cracking and generally feeling a little worse for wear. Thankfully this has given my lips the extra nourishment it needs during these cold, wintery days, and I've been reaching for this product far more than my glosses over the past two weeks. It's just really nice and soft, definitely living up to the "luxe" in its name.
The pigmentation is also really impressive. As it's a nude shade, it's not as groundbreaking as a bold red or a deep plum, but it's a really solid colour and as bold as a neutral lip can get. It also has a tiny sheen to its finish, making it the perfect product as it can dress up a classic day time look, or can add a little something to an evening smoky eye. I'm super impressed with it, and really love the glossiness. Move over mattes, it's all about a luxury lustre!

The durability of the product is pretty amazing, and you can definitely feel the product on the lips for a long time after you apply. However, due to its glossy finish (probably emphasised by the fact that I've been spending most of my time in a stuffy office or out in the freezing cold) you do need to reapply every hour or so. Just a sweep across the lips will do though, but I think thats a given with the more creamier makeup products. 

So there we have it, another big thumbs up for Bobbi Brown. It's a product I'll wear again and again and I'm already desperate to try their other shades. It does have quite a hefty price tag at £25, but IMO totally justifiable as it's so soft, creamy and a beautiful shade that can be worn with anything, at any time and throughout the year. 

What's your fave nude lipstick?
Lots of love. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I got this lipstick the other day and OHMIGOD I haven't stopped wearing it since!! The colour/formula is perfection and it's just so perfect for daily use!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! You're so right - it's amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a good every day wear colour! I may just have to invest! x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gold looks so lush, and i love the shade too, great for everyday use x
    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the perfect everyday shade. xx

      Delete
  4. This shade is right up my alley! So gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the most gorgeous shade! xx

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely review. I am loving that shade girl!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS