Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Review | Clinique Pep-Start Skincare.

I'm a huge sucker for Clinique skincare. If you read this post from 2015, you'll know it was through using Clinique products and radically changing - okay, introducing rather than changing - my skincare regime that I got rid of the terrible acne and horrendous pimple problem I was having. Now I use Clinique products religiously, morning and evening, to keep my skin clear and fresh, so when I received two of their new Pep Start products in my Stylist internship goody bag I couldn't wait to give them a go. 
The Pep-Start range is one of Clinique's newest ranges, featuring your usual skincare staples that can multi-task. Essentially, they are products that have two purposes, such as cleansing and exfoliating or refreshing and hydrating, which makes for a super quick skincare regime. I received the Pep-Start 2-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser and the Pep-Start Hydrorush SPF20 Moisturiser, and the brightly coloured packaging was an instant win for me. 
The Exfoliating Cleanser is really great. The product comes out as a bright orange gloop and there are tiny beads within the mixture to give a really light exfoliation. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of using exfoliators too often. Despite having oily skin I feel that over exfoliating can leave you with more problems as your skin produces more oil in a bid to combat the amount you're taking away, but this one is really gentle and gives just enough of a scrub so that your face feels squeaky clean. You apply by simply massaging onto wet skin, and it's so light that it can be used twice daily, instead of the once weekly recommendation of a normal cleanser. 

Personally I really like this product. I feel like it does a really good job of cleaning my skin, and leaves it feeling fresh and new. However, I'm not really a fan of using it twice daily. I have been for the past two weeks whilst testing it out, but I personally prefer the Clinique Anti-Blemish Cleanser as it leaves my face feeling more matte and rid of oils. I've decided that I will use the Pep-Start Exfoliating Cleanser on those mornings where I feel I need to scrub away spots or dead skin, or if I'm in a rush. I'll definitely be using it regularly, but not twice daily. That being said, it is really lovely and I would recommend it to those with sensitive skin who are in need of a facial exfoliator. 
The Hydrorush SPF20 Moisturiser is also a really fab product. It's nice and thick, super hydrating, and leaves your skin feeling supple and smooth. It is also oil-free, so great for those of you who, like me, suffer with oily skin and breakouts. Nevertheless, I do find it a little too thick for my skin (I usually use a completely mattifying moisturiser) but I can definitely see this being a favourite in the summer, particularly as it has an SPF20 so will help to combat ageing from the sun's rays and to protect the skin without clogging the pores. I also love how it can be used as a primer under foundation, but I personally prefer using something with more of a mattifying effect, so perhaps the Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturiser would be more fitting for me. 

Overall, I'm really enjoying experimenting with this new range and I love how simple, quick and easy it is. There really are no excuses when it comes to fitting a skincare regime into your daily schedule. You can pop the Exfoliating Cleanser on while you're having your morning/evening shower and slather your face in some moisturiser as soon as you step out - simple! It's really great for girls and guys who are on the go, and I'll definitely continue to use these products, even if the Anti-Blemish Solutions range is my first love. 

What do you think of the new Pep-Start range?
Lots of love. xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I love exfoliating but I know it's kinda bad to do too much. This sounds like a fab product you can use daily! Lovely post Jessie xx
    Hannah | Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really good - but think I'll have to cut down on how much I am using it! X

      Delete
  2. I love the packaging on these - they're so bold and bright! xx

    Gemma - Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to try the exfoliator! I try not to use them all that much either, but it's good to find one you like for every now and then! They've really updated their packaging, looks so much nicer xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely :) So light on the skin, but defo not one I can use daily xx

      Delete
  4. I've not tired the pep start range from Clinique but it sounds pretty good and I love the packaging! My favourite product from them has to be their cleansing balm - I've been using it for years!
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've not tried their Cleansing Balm but it sounds lovely! xx

      Delete
  5. I am not too sure if they 'll suit my skin but I love Clinique a lot regardless. I tried and loved so many of their products :)

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/all-nothing-13297339

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS