Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Review | Elemis British Botanical Hand and Nail Butter.

One part of my body that I always forget to pamper is my hands. I'm obsessed with having pretty nails and go to the salon once a month to get them fixed and looking all sparkly, but I never pay much attention to my hands and I think lots of people forget about them too. We're always concerned about giving our hair lots of treatments to make it all shiny, or using masks and skincare regimes that means we have enough pots and tubes of lotion in our bathrooms to rival Boots. But our hands are always forgotten about, even though they're the parts of our bodies that are constantly in use.
Today's post features the gorgeous Elemis British Botanical Hand and Nail Butter which I have been using a lot recently in an attempt to show my hands a little loving. I get quite sore, chapped hands in the winter and can sometimes have dry skin on the palms of my hands and on my fingers, which flares up when I'm stressed mostly and can be quite painful. This little product is really so lovely, and it's one that I know will help me tremendously through the winter months. 

I love Elemis products. I haven't actually used many of them on their own, but have been to several spas where they're used and the first thing that strikes me about them is the smell. It is absolutely delicious, and so utterly calming. Our sense of smell is so distinct, and I think because I associate the smell with spas and pamper days it has the ability to utterly relax me. This is why I've been using the hand cream in the morning, to get my day off to a chilled start, and before bed, to help me unwind in the evening. It has lavender and chamomile essential oils - two of my favourite scents - which are blended with geranium and palmarosaare to create the perfect finish. 

The Hand and Nail Butter is also composed of skin conditioning Burdock extract and shea butter, which is so beautifully moisturising and nourishing, and combined with the essential oils, makes a hand cream to die for. I've tried many which are just so blasé. You put it on and voila that's it. But with this you really feel like you're having a little pamper treat, which is so lovely. The cream itself is quite thick, and a little goes a long way, but it seeps really quickly into the skin so you're not left with sticky, slimy hands and can get on with your day immediately. That's a bonus if you're used to tapping away on a computer all day!

I've definitely started to see an improvement in my hands since using this cream. They feel so much softer and look a lot less red and patchy. I've also been massaging the cream onto my nail beds in an attempt to strengthen my nails, which are so incredibly weak, and I really think that's helping. Priced at £18 this is a little steep, but if you're after a lovely hand cream that does more than what it says on the tin I'd definitely give it a go!

Lots of love. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I currently use the Garnier Intense 7 Day Shea Butter hand cream and it works so well on my hands, but I'm willing to give high-end handcreams a try. I use handcreams a lot.

    Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try the Garner when this one runs out! :) Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds gorgeous! I'm making an effort to use hand cream daily now the colder months are approaching - I get such dry, cracked skin on my hands! I ought to try this when my stash runs out :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! This is so lovely, Karen. I'm sure you'd love it! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS