Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Review | Urban Decay Ink For Eyes Waterproof Precision Eye Pen.

Jeeeez, that post title is a mouthful. I mean, why do makeup brands insist on adding every adjective imaginable to a product name? But anyhow, today I am bringing you a beauty review on one of my absolute favourite products at the moment, and one that I have been using pretty much daily for the past month. It's safe to say that the Perversion Ink For Eyes Eyeliner from Urban Decay has taken my smoky eye game to a whole new level. 
When it comes to my everyday makeup routine I'm all about the eyes. Personally I don't feel confident without mascara, liner and eyeshadow, so I'm always on the hunt for products that will fit the bill, and as I wear it pretty much daily I like the product to be long lasting, bold and kind to the eyes. Urban Decay is always my go-to brand for eye makeup, but I was yet to try their liner pens (heaven knows why!) until I received one as part of an internship goody bag. 

The pen is quite thin, with a metallic casing and purple brand logo. It's basic, but if I'm honest, what more do you need for an eyeliner? As long as it does the trick who cares what it looks like? (Though my stance on lipstick packaging is totally different for some reason.) It's nice and light, ergonomic in the fact that you can hold it easily and it has a long, thin nib. 

This is what I love most about the eye pen. The fact that the nib is so pointed means you can get serious precision when applying to the eyes, and I've definitely noticed my winged liner improve since using it. I tend to lightly pull it across the upper lash line, before thickening it out a little and creating a small flick at the corner of the eye. It's really, really easy to use, and I'm also pleased to report that the nib is still as good as new, even a month after usage. 
I've used several drugstore felt tip liners and, while I really do recommend them for those on a budget, I find that the nib tends to lose shape after a short while. The pens become looser, more straggly, the ink starts drying out, and it can be difficult to get that perfect finish. With Urban Decay's Perversion Pen the quality of the product really is fantastic, and I am yet to notice the liner losing its shape, or drying out. I guess for a £15.50 price tag that is exactly what you should expect, though I don't feel the price is extortionate considering the fantastic lasting power it has. 

Once applied this liner literally will not budge. You can rub at your eyes and it's still in tact, making it perfect for day or night use, particularly if you're heading out on the town or to Christmas parties over the next few weeks. You do need to use a good eye makeup remover to ensure the product is thoroughly removed, but IMO when I purchase a liquid liner that is what I expect. I want to have to take it off, not to look at myself in the mirror after a few hours in the office to see that it's halfway down my face!

All in all, it's another huge thumbs up for Urban Decay. I really don't think I've ever tried a product from this brand that I don't like. Their fantastic eye products, gorgeous lip palettes (I have a review coming of this shortly!), and base beauties; Urban Decay just has it all. I'm totally obsessed!

Lots of love. xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Oh Urban Decay certainly know their stuff. Their products are always so lovely. I haven't tried this one but I definitely gotta!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking forward to investing in this eyeliner for ages. I always use the same one - and I've been doing so for AGES, from a random drugstore brand here in Spain - but I love everything Urban Decay does and I always had the feeling that this product would be worth it. I can't wait to get my hands on it now thanks to you, Jessie! x

    Cristina, xo // My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! Thank you for reading and I hope you love it :) xx

      Delete
  3. I use the Collection felt tip liner and it works great but i find the lasting power isn't too great. Urban Decay would be a brand you can guarantee that kind of thing so i may have a look into this. Great review x

    https://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used that and really liked it :) The tip on this one is so much better though! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS