Sunday, 25 December 2016

MY FAVOURITE THINGS ABOUT CHRISTMAS.

Let me firstly start this post by wishing everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you've all had an amazing day, surrounded by family, friends and love, and are currently feeling as though you've consumed waaaay too many pigs in blankets. I know I am. I've practically been rolling around all week thanks to all the food consumed at work parties and with the family since I've been home. 

I really do love the festive season, and I've been really looking forward to it this year as it will be my first retail and exam free Christmas in six years. Even before that I was studying for my GCSEs and working part time in a café, so this is the first one of my "adult" (ewww, I don't wanna be an adult) life where I'm free to enjoy the festivities without the thought of work and studying looming in my brain. I'm home in Wales for ten whole days, which is the longest I've been home since the summer, and I'm really excited! So for today's post I thought I'd share all of my favourite things about Christmas, in no particular order...

Seeing all the pretty decorations

I just love how pretty everything looks at Christmas. Sparkly lights, pretty trees, stars and glitter. It's lovely to see the country all dressed up for the occasion, and I've been lucky enough to spend the lead-up to Christmas in London this year. If you ever get the chance to go to London around Christmas time, then I urge you to do it. Every street is adorned with twinkling fairy lights, Christmas music leaks out of department stores, the pretty markets and Winter Wonderland really are sights to behold. It's just magical!

Getting glammed up for Christmas parties

I absolutely love getting dressed up for a night out, even more than actually going on the night out most of the time (anyone else find doing their hair and makeup so therapeutic?!), but even more so at Christmas. It's the perfect excuse to wear the most sparkly shoes, the brightest red lipstick, and all of the glitter one can possibly wear. It's like being a child again and dressing up as a Christmas fairy - I just love it!

FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD

I seriously don't know why this isn't at the top of my list? All I seem to do for the month of December is eat, and drink, and eat some more. Admittedly it leaves me feeling rather bleugh, as I eat pretty well the majority of the time, but I'm all for chocolate for breakfast and carbs for dinner when it comes to Christmas time. We always have a little buffet party on Christmas Eve in my house, with lots of delicious pastries and snacks, and then have a humungous Christmas dinner. It's definitely a time to indulge without feeling guilty, though I've been keeping my fitness regime in check so I'm not overindulging too much.

Family-time

This is without a doubt my favourite thing about Christmas. As you get older (LOL, sound like I'm forty years old not twenty-two!) you really do realise that the best thing about the festive season is being able to share it with your loved ones. It's so lovely having my family living all in one place, and I realise now that I've moved away that I really did take it for granted growing up, so I love coming home and just having fun with everyone. We always go for dinner with my grandparents, and my auntie has a little gathering in her house with drinks and food in the evening. I'm so excited to spend time with them this year.

Winter walks

I love going out for a long stroll in the countryside at any time of year, but there's something really lovely about going out for a walk on Christmas Day when the world is so peaceful. There's hardly anybody about, and it's so calming and makes me feel really thankful for the day. I always take my dogs for a long walk with my mum in between dinner and my auntie's party on Christmas Day, and it's a time for us to catch up and reflect on the year. It's also a good way to get that food to go down haha!

Cosy nights in

The complete opposite to going out and getting a little merry, I absolutely love getting snuggled in my pjs, watching all of the Christmas TV wrapped in a snuggly blanket by the fire and making my way through a biscuit tin. I haven't had much chance to do that this year as I've been living in a hostel in London since Halloween, and the weekends I've been home have been spent rushing from one gathering to the next, so I'm totally looking forward to a few cosy nights in over the Christmas break.

Everybody coming together

Definitely the best part about Christmas. I get to see all of my friends, old and new, as we're all in one place. Everyone where I live always heads out for drinks on Boxing Night and it's one of the best nights of the year. Everyone is dolled up in their new Christmas clothes, albeit sporting a food baby, and it's just so nice to see everyone before the new year gets underway and you lose all contact until Christmas rolls around again. 

What are your favourite things about Christmas?
Lots of love. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Ohh this was such a cute post! all the things you mentioned here are truly the best about christmas.I hope you have an incredible day :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. xx

      Delete
  2. ALL the feels in this post! You're so right- I really have been most excited about having time off work and getting to spend more time with my family, going on countryside walks etc! I hope you're having lovely, relaxed days!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Karen! :) I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a lovely lovely Chrsitmas! You listed all of my favourite things about Christmas! I love spending time with family and just being lazy and cosy watching films all day! xx

    http://cybermermaids.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so nice to have time to just relax :)) Thank you for reading! Happy Christmas. xx
      Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

      Delete
  4. Everybody coming together and all of the festive lights are definitely my favourite things about Christmas. And I just love shopping for gifts for loved ones too. I can't believe Christmas is over and it's almost the new year! xx

    franceskayleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really has flown by this year! xx

      Delete
  5. Christmas is my favourite time of year and I agree that London does it so well but there's something about being away from the city and back up north that makes me feel even more festive! Family time has to be one of the most important thing for me, my niece and nephews really make it more magical! I hope you had a really great Christmas!

    http://taradaniella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you :) I love being home in Wales - it's so much more homely! I had a lovely Christmas thank you, I hope you did too? xx

      Delete
  6. i just love all the decorations around christmas and just being with family. we all get so busy during the year that its just nice to have time to be with each other.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - it's so lovely to spend time together! xx

      Delete
  7. Absolutely love this - Christmas is my absolute favourite!! x

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS