Sunday, 15 January 2017

Five must-haves for a cosy night in.

I don't know about you, but now that January is here, I'm all for snuggling up in my pyjamas and fluffy mermaid blanket on a Saturday night. My heels and party dresses are stashed away and I'm spending my evenings with a reality television series instead of a bottle of prosecco, and I rather like it that way. 

For me, there's nothing nicer than whipping up a healthy meal, soaking in a hot bath or having a piping hot shower, giving myself a little pamper and lighting all the candles so the room is twinkling while I do it. It's so important to give ourselves some love, especially with all the pressures we have going on in our daily lives. January can be a bit of a bleugh month, but I love to make the most of it. Here are my absolute must-haves for a cosy night in this January.
1. Candles: these may seem like a bit of a luxury rather than a necessity, but let's just say a room full of flickering flames really gets me in the mood for a cosy night in. They definitely seem to have a soothing property and I find them really calming, so ideal if you've had a seriously hectic week in work or university. They're also great for aromatherapy - the essential oils mixed into the wax provide a gorgeous scent that help you to really unwind. My favourite scent has to be the Clean Cotton Yankee Candle - who doesn't love fresh bed sheets?

2. Luxury bath products: whether it's a Lush bath bomb, an invigorating body scrub, or a sweet scented shower gel, grab your favourite products and get scrubbing. I love taking my time in the shower when having a cosy night in, giving my hair a really good wash and using a nice conditioning mask to give it a little extra TLC.

3. A facial and mani-pedi: this is probably my favourite part of spending the weekend evenings tucked indoors throughout January. It's all about looking after your health and wellbeing, and what better way than to give your skin some love? I like to take all my makeup off, and give my face a good double cleanse, using my Clinique foam cleanser to begin with, before going in with a facial scrub. Using the fingers to really massage the product into the skin helps to give it a really lovely glow, and then I tone and slather on lots of moisturiser to keep my skin feeling super hydrated. Then, if needed, I give my fingers and toes a nice fresh coat of paint. 

4. Fresh pyjamas and fluffy socks: omg, is there anything better than putting on some fresh pyjamas that are still warm from the radiator and smell of fabric conditioner? The answer is no. It's just amazing.

5. A box set or a good book: I've really been enjoying catching up on all of the new year reality TV these past few weeks (I'm an absolute sucker for a good reality show), but having the time to chill out with no electronic devices and just a TV show, a good book or a magazine to keep you company is bliss. It's so important to take time out, especially after such a crazy busy festive season, and combining all of these must-haves together makes for the perfect evening.

What are your must-haves for a cosy night in?
Lots of love. xoxo

26 comments:

  1. I love this list! Candles always make me feel cozy and comfortable :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shannon! I totally agree :) xx

      Delete
  2. Amazing post! Just what you need when the weather is so horrible x

    Tiffany Tales | Lifestyle & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Please check out my new post on all things hair colour!

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the above definitely makes the perfect night in! Loved this post! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having a good lush bath! Ah, warm PJS off the radiator are dreeeaamy! I have been guilty of putting them in the tumble dryer for a quick warm up too, haha!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to use candles, in fact I light some every day. They make such a difference in my mood and I love the different scents, especially vanilla and orange! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too :) I absolutely love candles! Vanilla is such a lovely scent xx

      Delete
  7. This post is soo me! Yes to candles, a Lush bath and a good tv marathon- I'm currently obsessed with Younger haha, it's so trashy but so addictive- even Rob likes it xD

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've not heard of that - I'll have to check it out. Love trashy TV! xx

      Delete
  8. This is literally me every Saturday night. You just cant beat a good pamper session at home. I agree with you, nothing beats the feeling of putting on fresh pjs, especially when your all clean and smell lovely too xx

    Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely can't :) Thanks lovely! xx

      Delete
  9. Definitely going to use this list as a check list for my evening as I've got the house to myself! Sounds like the perfect evening!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sort of feel like this post was written for me haha, I am all about those cosy evenings so I love this. Literally every point is spot on!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Elle! I'm like a granny in the winter haha xx

      Delete
  11. Loved this post! Cosy nights-in are what get me through the miserable post-Christmas months! A face mask, Lush bath and hot chocolates are my essentials.

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think fresh pajamas are so underrated! I own multiple pairs of comfy sets, but cannot seem to stop buying more for the feeling they give me in the first couple of wears!

    Sharni // www.agirlandgrey.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS