Wednesday, 4 January 2017

My 2016 Beauty Favourites.

It seems that All Things Beautiful has almost veered away from beauty blogging lately. I've been so caught up in sharing lifestyle posts - and they always seem to be my most well-received - but I've really missed sharing my beauty ramblings. As it's the first week of 2017, I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to share some of my favourite 2016 beauty products.
In all honesty, I kept makeup spending to an absolute minimum in 2016. I was studying full-time for the most part and earning about £100 a month; earning so little and having a house and bills to pay for was taking its toll, so I . Luckily I was treated to lots of lovely beauty bits thanks to my magazine internships, so it kept my beauty stash nicely stocked up, but there were a few firm favourites that I used almost daily in 2016, and I doubt that will change this year. 
Urban Decay Vice 3 Eyeshadow Palette | This is without a doubt my favourite eyeshadow palette, as it features such a wide range of shades you can create pretty much any look. I actually received it for Christmas back in 2014, but it's only been this year where I've used it more regularly having said goodbye to my Naked 2 palette. I tend to use the more neutral browns and greys on a daily basis, but love experimenting with the brighter colours for social events or nights out. I just love the pigmentation, the fantastically silky powdery finish, the longevity of the shadows. Urban Decay always kill it with their eyeshadow palettes, and this is absolutely no exception.
Michael Kors Wonderlust EDP | I'd never actually tried any MK beauty products before 2016, but this fragrance is just gorgeous. Blending woody base notes with a floral top finish, it's a really sweet scent that I've worn all through the autumn and will wear through spring and beyond. I actually received this as part of an internship goodie bag, and I've worn it constantly since. It smells beautiful, is really long-lasting, and the bottle is so lovely too.

NYX Lip Lingerie in Beauty Mark | NYX came to (what was) my local boots in 2016 and I've not looked back. I have tried a range of the brand's products, all of which I've been pretty impressed by, but NYX's Lip Lingerie range has been my favourite. Mirroring the likes of Kylie Jenner's matte finish glosses, this is a lovely deep brown and has been my go-to AW shade. Admittedly it's quite gloopy and is a difficulty to get off, but I really love the overall finish, the low price tag and the shade is just perfect. Read the full review here.
Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Blush in Plush Petal | I did a full review on this here, but this blush has been worn daily by me since I received it after a Grazia internship in April. It's really beautiful, and the perfect way to add a subtle flush of rose to the cheeks. I went off wearing pink blushes for a while, scarred by old photos of myself looking like a Barbie doll with the amount of product I'd heaped onto my cheeks. This product rekindled my love for rosy cheeks and I've worn it constantly since!

MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy | Totally obsessed. I'd been on the hunt for this for months, before I finally picked it up in February. It's just the perfect "my lips but better" shade, and one that can be worn in the day for work, or in the evening teamed with a smokey eye. The pigmentation is great, it's lasts throughout the day, and the consistency is really lovely. The product glides effortlessly on the lips, without pulling or tearing, to give a full coverage. I just love it! Read more on my thoughts here.
Tata Harper Restorative Eye Creme | Okay, I didn't actually realise the extortionate price tag of this (£76!!) until writing up a review post because I received this as part of a beauty press pack when I was interning. But this is seriously a dream product and I love it! It uses buckwheat wax and arnica to help reduce dark circles and wrinkles under the eyes, leaving the skin around my eye area feeling completely nourished and moisturised. I really have loved using a more indulgent product - one that my budget would never allow - and I've certainly seen a difference. I'll definitely continue to use an eye cream when this bad boy runs out.
Mary Kay Lash Intensity Mascara | When it comes to my lashes, I like thickness, volume and length. This mascara helps me achieve all of these things in just a few swift swoops. I really love the brush, it's got small and tight bristles so that you can apply product across the full length of the lash. The product itself is nice and thick too, so it has great hold and you don't get those nasty little fly aways sticking to your foundation. I'm a massive fan of this product - false lashes are a thing of the past...
MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Highlighter in Soft and Gentle | 2016 has definitely been the year of the highlighter, and I've certainly been part of the hype. This gorgeous powder highlighter is the perfect way to add a little shimmer to your cheek and brow bones, and since purchasing it in April, I've used it almost daily. The best part is that the tiniest dusting of powder gives a killer sheen, so this product is likely to last through 2017 and well beyond that.

SUQQU Make Fix Mist R | Before 2016 I never bothered with face mists. I saw them as rather pointless, and didn't like the idea of spraying my face with wet product in a bid to keep my makeup in place all day. This year, I've had a complete change of heart, and now I hardly go out without spritzing my face with some setting spray. I use it to set my brows, to apply my foundation - its uses are completely endless. This is definitely a product you need to get your hands on!

What were your favourite products for 2016?
Lots of love. xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Oooh some fab picks here, I really want to try the Vice Palette, you can see you love yours hehe, i think I might have to use my Christmas money to get this. I also love Soft and Gentle, its so beautiful. Hope you have a fab 2017 girly xx

    Danielle Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I love the Vice palette - it's so amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. I love these products! I love love love the Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy. I really want to try the Urban Decay palette it looks so pigmented! Have a good 2017! xo

    Em | www.emilyy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous isn't it? Happy 2017 to you too! xx

      Delete
  3. I love that eyeshadow palette! I would love to own that one. Gorgeous pics by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blusher looks so gorgeous. I need to try some of the NYX lip lingeries. They sound so good
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
  5. The face mist looks like an interesting product! I love the eyeshadow palette!


    www.adaydreamortwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS