Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Review | W7 "In The Nude" Eyeshadow Palette... Is this An Urban Decay "Naked" Dupe?

If you've been reading my blog for some time, you'll know I'm obsessed with eyeshadow palettes. I love experimenting with different colours and textures, and my go-to makeup is just not complete without a subtle smoke on the eyelids. One of my favourite palettes of all time is the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I used it to death until eventually the shadows were falling out of the palette and most of them were completely all used up. 

For Christmas, however, I received the W7 In The Nude Eyeshadow Palette from my boyfriend, Dan, and I couldn't wait to put it to the test. I believe this may be one of the older versions of the palette, as the new W7 Colour Me Nude Eyeshadow Palette is on the W7 website which is almost identical in style and shade offering, but you can also pick up the In The Nude palette which I'm reviewing today from Amazon.
The packaging is almost identical to that of the Naked palettes, and likewise there are 12 varying nude shades which can be used to vamp up or tone down your overall makeup look. It's not quite as luxuriously packaged as the Naked palette; the casing feels very tinny and it's quite light, so not as sturdy. There is also no mirror inside and it has a black background which the shades fit into, so doesn't look as pretty. However, it does have a dual applicator tool, with a brush and a foam end. I really like the softness of the brush and the foam applicator is great for smudging darker shades and lining the eyes. 

As with the packaging, the shade offerings are practically identical to the Naked 3 palette. It's actually quite crazy how they can get so unbelievably close to pretty much copying the whole thing completely, but the colourings are slightly more saturated and have a warmer tone in the W7 palette I feel. The purple shades are just a little deeper, the browns a tinge darker. It's a really astonishing likeness though, and I definitely think there's a huge range of shades there, all of which aren't too gothic or dramatic so great for women who want a subtle finish, or young 'uns who are just starting to wear makeup. It gives you a feel for the Naked 3 palette definitely, and I would really recommend trying it out before investing if you're unsure. 
The eyeshadows aren't quite as powdery as its Urban Decay counterparts. You do need to rub the brush along the shadow a few times in order to pick up shadow, but they apply really nicely and evenly onto the skin. The pigmentation, while not as instantly visible as the Naked palettes, is really strong and is nicely buildable, causing no fall-out onto the cheeks or under eye areas. It has really great staying power, though it can gather in the crease of the eyelids after a particularly long day in the office. Honestly, it's not as good in terms of quality as the Naked 3 but I'm seriously impressed with the overall quality and will use it almost daily, especially for the teeny price tag. 

Yep, that's right by itself a W7 palette costs just £9.95. For four W7 palettes in this fantastic bundle that mirror Urban Decay's most popular offerings you can pay just £29.95, which is cheaper than the £38.95 you'd pay for one UD palette alone. It's an absolute bargain buy and definitely dupes the original, so ideal if you're on a budget but fancy treating yourself to something new. 

Urban Decay will always be my true makeup love - I've admired the brand and used their products for years - but I'm definitely going to be looking into W7 a little more having tried this. A great quality product for an even better price!

What are your favourite dupe products?
Lots of love. xoxo

21 comments:

  1. A bargain indeed and it sounds so lovely! I've never tried any of the W7 palettes before but I'm very intrigued to now! I have the original Naked palette and I LOVE it but it is a lot of money, woe is me haha. I find that the Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic Pro 3 palette seems to be another great dupe for the Naked 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried any either but definitely want to try more :) I love MUR too - their palettes are awesome! xx

      Delete
  2. So pretty!!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these palettes and love using them, they're such amazing value for money :D

    Mel ★ http://www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always see these palettes and never know if they are worth it or not! The shades are gorgeous though x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth it for the price I think! :) xx

      Delete
  5. So where can I find these so that I can buy every colour palette then? ;) It always blows my mind that they can get away with being SO similar too, I'd be a little miffed if I was UD!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's linked in the post! Go buy 'em! xx

      Delete
  6. Such a good bargain! The usual prices for UD palettes freak me out so much and I never feel like buying them because of the price - even though they are so amazing. I haven't got the UD N3 though and the fact that these colours are so similar is SO good, plus I don't mind having to build them a bit more! Fab post girl!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are super expensive but such amazing quality! I do bloody love UD. Thanks lovely lady xx

      Delete
  7. I heard so many great things about this brand. Feels like they have dupes for everything ;)
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't tried any W7 but always hear they're good dupes for the Naked palettes! It sounds fab for the price xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I have never tried W7 products but I always hear good things about them!



    http://www.emma-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a really great product! xx

      Delete
  10. There's a chance you are qualified for a free $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS