Sunday, 29 January 2017

Taking time to recharge your batteries.

Well, it's been a bloody whirlwind of a few months. Living out of suitcases, rushing back and fore to catch trains, staying in a hostel and taking every opportunity to my build my CV that's come my way. But now, it's done. I'm heading back to Wales for a little while to concentrate on finding permanent work and building my freelance portfolio, and boy do I need to take time out. 

I'm absolutely exhausted. I won't lie, I don't know how I've done it. I guess when you want something so much you'll move waves to make it happen, but now it's time to refocus and, most importantly, recharge. 
When I first realised I'd be heading back to Wales without a plan for the future, I was absolutely terrified. You see, I need structure, and my life lately has been far from structured. I'm more than happy to be moving back home for a bit - I miss my family and friends, and hardly ever get the chance to see Dan anymore - but not knowing what I was doing and whether all the work I'd put in had been worth it was so scary for me. I almost felt like I was taking a step back, and experiencing knock backs when it came to interviews and job applications left me wondering whether I should just pack it in altogether. 

Now though, I'm seeing this lull before the next chapter in a totally different light. It's a little break, a chance to sift through my portfolio, to work on my writing skills, to blog my butt off and to take time to apply for work opportunities and pitch my ideas to publishers. I've been given lots of words of wisdom from some of the people I've met in the industry, and have definitely come round to see that this could be a really positive thing for my career.

It's also a chance to look after myself for a change. Let's just say living out of a hostel means I am craving my home comforts. I'm so excited to get back into a routine at the gym, to have cosy nights tucked up watching telly in bed, to start cooking properly again (never want to see another "healthy" microwave meal in my life), and to take long walks by the sea. I can meet friends, go on date nights with Dan, actually have time to see my family instead of just popping in before I head back, and can take my dogs out for long winter walks. 

I hope that in a few weeks I'll have something permanent. I'm still waiting to hear back on applications and will keep on hunting, but for now some peace and quiet is definitely what I need. London, you were an absolute pleasure and I'll hopefully see you real soon. But for now, my cosy home and the Welsh coastline awaits. 

Lots of love. xoxo

22 comments:

  1. I don't know how you've done it either! London gets crazy enough without a hostel and your various workplaces added into the mix. I hope you feel as proud as you should - good things are going to happen for you, I just know it! :D

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! I hope that if/when I'm back we'll finally both be free to meet! You've been so kind and helpful. xx

      Delete
  2. Wishing you the best of luck with finding something permanent x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best in your new environment!
    https://zunera-serena.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. In ways I had been going through something similar. I actually quit my job spontaneously in October and I went three months without any income because I couldn't find anything else. I'm now running my own business and working full time in a cleaning job until I can find something better, I've even made the decision to go back to school this September x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you - I'm sure that it will all work out for the best and being proactive and determined is just what you need. I wish you the best of luck :) xx

      Delete
  5. You definitely need to enjoy this time lovely, even though it's scary as you don't know what lies ahead, something will come up soon and life will get crazy again. Relax and recharge the batteries, you deserve it!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - definitely enjoying some down time! xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you enjoy your rest & your batteries are re-charged. Good luck with everything x

    Patricia // Patricia Stelmach

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been very inspiring seeing your journey. You're ever so brave. Some lovely, much needed home comfort time sounds so perfect. Xx enjoy xx

    Best wishes -

    Keep Calm and start writing -
    www.23millymay25.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  8. You've done so well babe, hopefully something comes along real soon, all the best! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, that sounds so hectic! Recharging sounds like a very good idea - and good luck with the permanent job search :)

    ps. your mention of the Welsh coastline has totally made me daydream of visiting Wales again after years and years!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! :) Aww you should book a trip to Wales haha - I just love it so much xx

      Delete
  10. Well done, sounds like you deserve a rest

    www.teapartybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bookmarking this post to read again later because I'm actually planning a trip to Edinburgh! I'd love to visit the Highlands in Scotland as well but I have no bloody idea how to get there from Edinburgh...

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to visit the Highlands too! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS