Friday, 10 February 2017

Lifestyle | 5 cute date ideas for Valentine's Day (or any day of the year!).

This year will be mine and Dan's fifth Valentine's Day together, but if I'm honest we don't really have much planned. We make a huge fuss for birthdays and Christmas, but when it comes to Valentine's Day we usually go out on a road trip and eat at whatever pub we find along the way (though I do insist he buys me some pretty flowers). A date night for us centres around the little things, having time to spend together doing fun things that make us happy. So in today's post I'm going to share some of our favourite date night ideas, as a way of inspiring couples and "galentines" both on V-Day and beyond. 

1. A walk along the beach at sunset

This is our ultimate favourite thing to do, and it was one of things I missed most about home while working in London. Growing up so close to some of Wales' most beautiful beaches is a huge blessing, so Dan and I always make the most of it and head to the coast at any opportunity. It's a time to have a real good chat and to spend together away from all the stresses of daily life and our phones (though we always take loads of snaps for Insta!). We usually take my dogs too, which adds to the fun as most of the time they end up falling in puddles, or wandering off on the hunt for food and we're running after them trying to get them back under control.

2. Pub grub

Who needs a fancy slap-up meal when you can have a huge plate of pub food and a delicious bowl of chocolate fudge cake and custard for dessert? We always choose a hearty pub meal over a posh restaurant - it's far more us I guess you could say - and usually head for food after a walk on the beach to warm us up after the cool sea air. 

3. Mini bake off

Yaaay, one of our favourite things to do. Who doesn't love baking cakes? And eating them after, of course. Whether it's chocolate rice crispy cakes, a delicious Victoria Sponge, or some healthy protein pancakes, get into the kitchen this Valentine's Day and whip up some sweet treats. You can even bake your own at home and have a fantastic feast of food to enjoy.

4. Movie or Netflix marathon

This usually results in me falling asleep by the second episode, and Dan getting pissed off because he's come to see me and I'm fast asleep, but the intention is there. The one type of programme that does keep me awake is a good old nature documentary. Anything featuring the voice of the legendary David Attenborough and beautiful pictures of monkeys leaping through leafy rainforest canopies is a must-watch.

5. Go for a bike ride

Dan and I really enjoy working out together, and in the summer we usually go running along the coast or in our local woodland park (yep, such a fun couple haha!), but bike rides are equally as fun and a great way to keep fit whilst spending time with your loved ones. This may not necessarily be a Valentine's Day date night idea, but definitely one to do on the weekend if the weather is bright and sunny, and you can take a yummy picnic too. I'm hoping to get my hands on a road bike this summer so that we can go on little cycling adventures together, though I feel that Dan may be leaving me in the dust as he used to cycle a good ten miles a day whilst he was working and playing rugby in New Zealand!

What are your favourite date night ideas?
Lots of love. xoxo

18 comments:

  1. Some super cute ideas! I love getting out and about with my bf, especially in the Summer. We live near the coast and don't make enough trips to the seaside!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yes I am so excited for summer :) xx

      Delete
  2. my boyfriend and love going on walks and just talk about everything. to be fair, we will probably do a netflix marathon on valentines day.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to go out in our two first years of dating but now we love to stay at home, cook a lovely dinner and watch our favourite tv-shows!!! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful! Have a lovely day! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Netflix marathon sounds wonderful! These are some great ideas :-)

    ♥ Jasmin N // Little Things With Jassy // BL’

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to this post girl! Literally my perfect Sunday with Ben is a nice long walk and a pub lunch, nowhere fancy just somewhere we can get cosy and have a glass of wine (ahem a bottle haha!). I hope you and Dan have a lovely day! <3

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - that's exactly what we do! Thank you lovely, I hope you and Ben do too! xx

      Delete
  6. Mini bake off is such a cute idea! Ours will be more a Netflix and cheese party, I think! xx

    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mini bake off idea! And it doesn't hurt that you get to eat the treats afterward :)

    I think we'll probably just chill at home since we don't usually make a big deal about Valentine's Day.

    jennnngo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :) I hope you have a lovely day! xx

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love the idea of a mini bake off, it would be hilarious though as I don't think my boyfriend has a clue what goes in a cake..

    Kirsty Leanne
    http://www.kirstyleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think my boyfriend is actually be better than me! xx

      Delete
  9. Yours and Dan's relationship seems sooo sweet! I haven't got anyone to spend Valentines with this year (and that's okay!) but I adore this date ideas. I totally agree that beach walks are so lovely. I live near the beach too and it's definitely something that I take for granted.
    The idea of a bake-off sounds like so much fun. I can't wait til I have my own house, I swear I'll be forcing my friends into 'Bake-Off' and 'Come Dine With Me' nights!

    Hope you and Dan have a fab valentines AND huge congrats on the job!
    xx
    Tasmin | www.grandiosedays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you - we're literally like an old couple haha! YES, you can so do any of these ideas with your gal pals too :) Thank you lovely lady. Happy Valentine's! xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS