Tuesday, 7 February 2017

OOTD | Why an LBD is my go-to outfit choice for a girls' night out.

Finding an outfit for a girls' night out can be a nightmare. Is the dress code smart-casual or full-on glam? Should I try and resurrect an old outfit that hasn't been seen on Insta for a good few months, or am I feeling splurgy and wanting to purchase something new? Are we thinking dresses or jeans? Heeled boots or super high stilettos? For me, the answer is simple. You can always rely on an LBD. 

LBDs are functional, they're super easy to wear. They can be styled with a range of accessories and come in all shapes, sizes and designs. They're also always on trend, so pulling one out of the wardrobe that hasn't been worn for a good two years is like finding a dress fresh of the catwalk. I just love the simplicity of an LBD, and IMO you can never have enough. 
 This dress is from Oh My Love London, available at Topshop, and is an absolute dream. A little twist to the usual LBD, with its lace overlay and high neckline, it was the dress of choice for my birthday night out with the girls last weekend. I just love how glamorous it is, and teamed with some nude heels and clutch, I was ready to hit the dance floor. 

What's more it has a really gorgeous back detail, or lack thereof I should probably say. I've never really taken the plunge with a backless dress before, but I felt that the higher neckline and full-covered front of the dress meant I could flash a little flesh without feeling too exposed. I really love how this added a little extra to the piece, even if I did nearly freeze to death as it was so cold and stormy! (The things we do for a fab night out, eh girls?)
So next time you're scouring online retailers for a new party outfit, why not play it safe and opt for a little black dress? A timeless, classic piece - you'll always be hitting outfit goals when wearing one. 

Lots of love. xoxo

22 comments:

  1. Whit woo! I love the back, didn't get to see that on snapchat! Hope you had a fab night girl xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the back cut-out! Such a gorg dress, you can always rely on a LBD!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks so amazing on you! I would definitely wear that on a night out with the girls or with my boyfriend! :)

    Bollianaxo | Student's Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely - I'm glad you like it! xx

      Delete
  4. Ummmmmm I'm sorry but can we just take a moment to discuss how bloody BABE'IN you look here girl?! That dress is stunning on you - my fail safe is always a LBD too, can't go wrong!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thank you so so much beautiful! xx

      Delete
  5. They are definitely stylish and easy to wear. A LBD is a must have. You look gorgeous!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing in that dress! x

    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LBD's are my go to- I always know it's something I won't regret buying and will get the wear of out! I agree, you definitely can never have enough!

    http://taradaniella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deffo can't beat a LBD! I always feel more confident when wearing one too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a confidence booster! xx

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh this dress is so pretty. I love wearing black dresses that have lovely detailing on them as there's something about it that looks so classy yet beautiful! I'm in love. Suits you so much!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is gorgeous! I love the open back detailing
    -Kate
    http://www.katekoutures.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a nice dress! You always have such nice outfits! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS