Tuesday, 21 February 2017

The things I'd love to buy for my new flat: Spring Home Decor Wishlist.*

Now that I've finally found full time work I am on the hunt for my own little space in Cardiff, and I'm so freaking excited. It's super stressful as I started work today (eek!) and still have no place of my own to stay in, but luckily I have a wonderful cousin who's putting up with me in the meantime.

I'm really looking forward to having my own little space though, especially as I lived out of a hostel while I was interning in London, and I've really been enjoying the house hunting if I'm honest. It will be so nice to have a cosy place that's all mine to go home to, and yes I'm planning on it being all white, girly and totally blogger-esque!

So what better than to post a little wishlist featuring all of the lovely things I'd buy for a place of my own if my budget would allow? As I'll be moving just when spring starts, I thought I'd merge two of my favourite things - spring and home inspiration - together in today's post. Blending beautiful pinks and greys, adding a touch of metallic and a heap of floral fancies, these furnishings definitely make a house a home.

Albert Kuic Pair of Armchairs in Powder Pink - Oh my god, how Instagrammable is this chair? It would look perfect in a living room with a fluffy throw draped over the top, and is the ideal size and shape for snuggling up with your laptop to get some blogging done.

Wilko Small Chrome Lantern - This lantern is supposed to be for a garden or terrace, but how cute would it look with a little tea light nestled inside on a dining table? Perfect for when you have a romantic meal for two with your partner, or if you've got the gals over for some pizza and Netflix chilling.

Dot Com Gift Shop Cactus in a Glass - Living in the middle of a busy city means I won't have a garden or outside space of my own. Luckily Cardiff is filled with big parks and is also built by the sea so I'll get my share of nature each week, but adding a little greenery to a room is a great way to bring the outside in. I don't know about you, but plants and flowers always lift my spirits.

Cox and Cox Small Ankur Desk Lamp - Blush pink is a huge colour for this coming season, and this beautiful desk lamp will add a little cosiness to my workspace. I love the modern design and how it can be tilted into all different directions to shine a light on any space. Cox and Cox have a fantastic array of lamps and light fittings to choose from, but I just loved the pastel shade of this one.

Housing Units Hanging Heart - I absolutely love cute little trinkets like this. They make a space so pretty and homely, adding a personal touch, particularly to a rented property. The quote "You Make My Heart Beat Faster" is a pretty cute one too. You can always hang it on a door handle if you're unable to add any screws or hooks to your walls.

Cox and Cox Grey Isra Rug - As I'll be moving into a rented property while saving to buy my own home, a warm and cosy rug is a must and the perfect way to add some warmth to cold, wooden floors. I absoutely love the shade of this one from Cox and Cox, even if it is a little out of my budget price range. Nevertheless, you have to pay a little extra for quality and Cox and Cox's luxury floor rugs are most definitely worth it.

George Home Peonies in Glass Bulb Vase - I absolutely adore fresh flowers. They add a wonderfully feminine touch to a home and always bring a smile to my face, but as I'll be on a tight budget I think some faux flowers will work just perfectly. No need to refresh them constantly so you're not paying out money each week, and still giving the same affect.

Oliver Bonas Pink Little Things Trinket Dish - This little dish is gorgeous and is the perfect place to store trinkets, keys, or even your rings. To me, the little things in life are the absolute best, so this dish has such meaning and is a beautiful colour too.

Houseology Lene Bjerre Leaf Candle in Glacier Grey - The beautifully carved waxwork on this candle is a dream. I really love it and am totally obsessing over that icy grey shade. Perfect for adding a sparkle to any room.

TK Maxx String Lights - If you follow me on Twitter you'll know, I'm obsessed with fairy lights. I just think they're so cosy and homely. Sitting in a freshly made bed in my snuggly pyjamas, fairy lights and candles twinkling around me, reading blogs or binge watching reality television; now that's what I call heaven. These lights from TK Maxx are super cute and a rather great price too!

What are your go-to home decor accessories?
Lots of love. xoxo

*This post is a collaboration with Cox and Cox
All words, thoughts and opinions are my own.

19 comments:

  1. the pink armchairs and lamp are so stunning! I'm currently decorating my office/beautyroom and my theme is white/grey/copper/blush pink so the items you've listed here are great for me! I'm really struggling to make it homely instead of a room full of furniture so I'll deffo be checking all of your findings out 😍 Good luck on the move!

    Sare | http://ohitssare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know, how beautiful! Ahh that sounds so lovely - I won't have room to make an office in the flat but that's my goal for when I get my own place haha! Thank you lovely :) xx

      Delete
  2. Everything is so pretty, love the pink theme you've got going on!

    Parie x
    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little trinket dish is so cute and pretty. I'm on the lookout for some nice fake flowers too - they can look stunning x

    LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picks! I love that pink chair and its perfect because I need a new desk chair after my other broke ehe! xxx

    www.cheyannesorelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally every single piece of this is perfect! Obsessed with that chair, and how cute is the Little things Trinket dish <3

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girllllll your wish lists are going to make me poor haha! That plate that says Little Things is adorable - I LOVE it!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely picks! I'm making my living room all grey, blush pink copper and marble if I can. It's work in progress at the mo, but posts like this are really helpful. I've got a similar one going live soon too! Xx

    ♥ Carly Susanne - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds amazing - I can't wait to see your post. xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I now have a mile long wish list, so thanks for that! Love those fairy lights, you can never have enough lights!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I apologise! Ooh me too, love fairy lights. xx

      Delete
  9. The pink lamp and chair would be on my list of things to get, they're so cute! Good luck looking for a new flat and congratulations, what an exciting milestone! Hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
  10. really looove that chair and lamp, such a beautiful design
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS