Friday, 24 March 2017

Getting back to blogging: A little life update.

Well, what can I say? It's been about three weeks since I last sat down to type a blog post and it feels like forever. I absolutely love blogging and I'm constantly thinking of new things to write about but in the past month I've started a new job, moved into my own little flat in Cardiff, and have been travelling up and down the country filming with the BBC. It's been fantastic, but rather exhausting, and I've been crashing in bed by 10pm each evening ready to get some much needed beauty sleep ready for the next busy day. 

Now though, I've got internet installed in the flat, I've got my own little space to be creative in, I've got a little break from shoots, and I'm so ready to get back to blogging and to share everything that's been happening with you guys. 
It's quite crazy to think that this time two months ago I was waking up on my twenty-third birthday in a hostel in London. Working in The Big Smoke was absolutely incredible - I met so many amazing people and loved exploring the beautiful city, but it was also the most challenging few months of my life. Just eight weeks later, today I woke up in my cosy bed in my beautiful one bedroom flat in Cardiff, ready for my first weekend off after a busy few weeks of shooting and feeling excited for the drinks I'll be having with my new bunch of work mates this evening. 

I am so happy. I am thrilled and entirely grateful that finally everything has worked out. I am so proud that I've been able to move into my own space. It's so amazing having a place of my own - that's seriously cosy and oh so perfect, might I add? - after spending three months living in a stinky hostel. I'm also so proud that I've started working for one of the UK's most prestigious media companies, and so happy that I've met some amazing colleagues who I now count as friends. 

Now it's time to settle back into Cardiff life, to enjoy spending time with my friends and family who are so close by; to throw myself into work, and to develop my skills and knowledge to the best of my ability; and to blog my butt off. 

Keep your eyes peeled for lots more from ATB! It's good to be back...
Lots of love. xoxo

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like your life is hectic, busy, and SO SO amazing! I'm super excited that you are doing something you love to do! Congratulations on the job and all of the incredible experiences that go along with it!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job! i felt so guilty because i hadnt posted on my blog in a month after posting every day for SO long but my dissertation took priority. Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging.

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like everything has finally fallen in to place for you, congratulations! That's amazing news and you definitely should be so proud of how hard you worked to get here. You're truly an inspiration Jessie! I hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    Sending light & love your way,
    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job, that's so exciting. Hope it all goes really well for you.

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things have been going great. Congrats on your new job. After some very busy weeks - definitely take some time to relax :)

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that everything has worked out for you and you're finally close to me in Cardiff :) x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i'm so happy that everything worked out for you. getting your first own space is just the best feeling ever.


    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS