Sunday, 5 March 2017

How to mix up your makeup for springtime.

I am so happy that spring is finally here. It felt like winter was dragging on forever, and despite it still being pretty grim and wintery outside, March to me signifies the start of springtime. I'm really excited for the nights to start getting lighter, for blossom on the trees, little animals hopping amongst the fresh flowers, sunnier and warmer days, and Easter, of course. 
I love shrugging off my winter coat in favour of pretty jackets, skirts and dresses; and I also love mixing up my makeup, saying goodbye to the gothic glam looks created by deep plum lip shades and heaps of liner, in favour of a sunnier, neutral FOTD that'll take you from morning to night. Here are the ways in which I shake up my look for spring... 

1. In the nude: I absolutely love wearing bright and bold shadows and lip shades, but it's always so nice to embrace dewy highlighters and nude glosses when springtime strikes. Experimenting with neutral eyeshadow palettes, experimenting with lighter and darker shades, is a great way to brighten around the eyes, and adding a brown lip shade finishes the look off perfectly.

2. Add a little shimmer: I always feel like shimmer highlighters and sparkly shadows are out in full force in the lead up to Christmas, but as soon as the January blues kick in they're shoved to the bottom of your beauty bag in favour of a boring old mascara and subtle cat eye. Ladies, it's time to bring the glitz back! Pile on that highlighter, add a subtle glittery bronzer to your cheeks, apply a little glitter on your lids to make that smoky eye pop. Summer is just around the corner!

3. Keep your skin feeling fresh: As the days start to get more heated (feels so ironic writing this as it pours down outsider), your skin is going to need a little boost. I love doing a regular exfoliating mask  treatment to clean out my pores and rid them of grease and sweat. Your skin can get a lot oilier in the spring time, so try switching up your moisturisers for alternatives which still bring heaps of hydration without overloading it. 

4. Brighten your blusher: I love adding a little pink pop to the apples of my cheeks in the spring time. It's a great way to add some colour to your face after the dreary winter months, and gives a sun kissed glow even if you're more likely to be heading on a rocket to the moon than on a plane to a sunny haven in the next few weeks. 

How do you mix up your makeup for spring?
Lots of love. xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Blusher is so pretty in the spring! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say make everything a bit more glowy as well go for that dewy foundation instead of matte

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that blush is SO pretty! I love using more radiant bases in the spring xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to start using more face masks to get my skin Spring-ready :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that Spring is coming meaning it is time to swing out my Spring makeup. I definitely like using a highlighter to brighten up my makeup.

    Kristy | www.thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tips, especially the blusher. I tend to skip wearing blush most days but in the spring it definitely adds something. Thank you for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babes I LOVE this post - great tips! I'm all about adding some shimmer, especially when your skin is feeling and looking a little meh, I love adding some sassy highlighter! I also have this MAC one; it's a dream!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much lovely girl - it's such an amazing highlighter! xx

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing these tips - loved this post hun! I always go for a more lighter base and pinkier toned blush and lippie for spring. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really need to repurchase the Benefit Hoola bronzer, I'm so pale it's ridiculous!

    BLUSH & NOISE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! D: I've been tanning ready for the weekend ha! xx

      Delete
  10. That highlighter looks so dreamy! Which shade is it?


    www.adaydreamortwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS