Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Why I'm taking my blog back to the basics.

Buying followers. Paying bots to boost engagement. "Outing" those who have apparently taken part in it. It's safe to say the blogosphere currently is in a bit of a meltdown, and in all honesty I am so over it. I'm done with the constant need to impress brands, to build your following, to grow your reach. I'm done with the pressure to constantly be online, to post as often as possible, to always have something to tweet or a snap to edit on Instagram. I'm seriously done with petty Twitter drama; what happened to girl power? That's why I'm going back to the blogging basics, and it feels pretty darn good. 
I've guess I've been distancing myself from the blogging world lately. I have been seriously busy these past few weeks, settling into a new job and moving home, but even when I've had time to get my blog on I've always found something else to occupy myself. It's odd, because I used to spend hours and hours a week perfecting blog posts, taking photographs, chatting on Twitter and scrolling through Instagram. But I suppose I kind of fell out of love with blogging. The competitive, crazy industry it's become is just not the same as the exciting, fun hobby and community it once was. 

But that doesn't mean my blog can no longer be fun, exciting and a way to communicate with likeminded ladies who, over the past four years, have become great friends. I started my blog as I wanted to express my creativity; I wanted to write and share my thoughts via my own little online bubble. Through that I developed a real love and passion for photography, and for social media. I've met wonderful people, embraced fantastic opportunities, and I definitely wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for my teeny corner of the web. I need to remember why I started blogging, and need to pour all those creative juices back into posting again, forgetting the constant need (and indeed struggle) that comes with wanting to "make it" in the blogosphere. 

So here's to more online ramblings, to sharing snapshots of days out, to reviewing new beauty splurges and offering an insight into my personal style. No pressure, no fuss; just me, my laptop and all you lovely readers who've always supported me along the way. 

Lots of love. xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Love your view on all of this and glad you're looking forward! I don't really fully understand the whole bot situation but I agree that people are definitely under a lot of pressure online.
    Liv x
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! So excited for this! Blogging is supposed to be fun :)

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with you and what I regret the most about this competition is that it means that everyone is doing the same post over and over again, all the blogs look the same or talk about the same products which is a shame! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely post Jessie, a great way to address everything in a nice way. I definitely get days when I don't feel like I want to share my posts or post a photo! Since not worrying about my following it's actually made me enjoy it a lot more!

    Can't wait to see what you post about next x

    www.jadeannloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, honest post. I think its awful and so sad that lovely, genuine bloggers are being accused and called out for things they haven't even done. It's all just gone too far! Bring back the good old blogging days.

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to absolutely everything that you've just said!

    www.rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww love this! I'm totally on the same wavelength hun, I'm sick of all the drama! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging should be fun, enjoyable, and community period! Enjoyed your perspectative on blogging sphere!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally, totally agree with you Jessie, so tired of all the drama, I genuinely miss the days when you just blogged because it was fun and nothing negative came with it!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go Jessie! I feel exactly the same as you and have been taking the same approach. Way back in January I decided to show more of myself and my life because a lot was missing. Ever since I've felt great and so much more chilled out about it all. I definitely don't want to be a carbon copy of someone else. As for the blogging dramas, I stay well out of those. I love your blog and how you are staying true to yourself. xxxx

    ♥ Carly Susanne ~ A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great. Do what feels right for you. I saw the #botgate drama on Twitter and even though I don't agree with buying bots, I didn't agree with some bloggers 'outing' others. It just felt wrong to me.

    I think it's great to go back to the blogging basics. I gave up on stats and perfecting my blog for brands a long time ago, because at the end of the day my blog is my creative outlet.

    Chichi
    www.chichiwrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. really liked your floral printed designer tops suits very well on denim great matched for casual occassions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post, totally agree with everything you've said. The blogosphere feels so different the past few months, it's such a shame.

    Alice | alicemaysnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. very good and quality products at Makemyorders..
    From here you can buy Women Tops & Tunics

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS