Thursday, 25 May 2017

Late night thoughts...

I can't believe it's been a whole month since I last wrote a blog post. That's the longest I've ever gone without writing in the four years since I started blogging, but I guess I just couldn't find the words. Life has been hectic lately, really amazingly busy and fabulous, but it means that blogging has had to take a backseat and I truly have missed it. I miss sitting down with my laptop on a Sunday morning, reading up on my faves' latest posts and scrolling through my Instagram feed. I miss being creative and letting my thoughts blubber out onto the screen. It feels so lovely to be back writing. 
This week we as a nation, and indeed as a planet, were all rocked by the devastating news of Manchester's terrorist attack. It's completely heartbreaking that young, innocent people - friends, families and loved ones - headed out, filled with excitement, to watch a concert that evening and didn't return home. It could have been any one of us, at any major event, and I feel like it really put things into perspective for me. 

Life is short. It's unpredictable and we should live and love every day to the full. We really have so much to be grateful for. Just waking up and seeing the sun shining through the window when you pull back the curtains is a blessing. I'm incredibly lucky to be surrounded by amazing people - my family, friends, boyfriend, work colleagues - and I'm sure those of you reading this feel the same way too. 

Sending love and prayers to anyone who needs it <33 
We Stand Together. 
Lots of love. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS