Friday, 9 June 2017

Beauty products I'm loving for Summer 2017.

Can we officially say that summer has arrived now? It's been so lovely here in Cardiff over the past few days (albeit with that seriously insane thunder storm!) and with June just a few days away I am so excited for summer and all that it brings. I just love this time of year, and especially love sprucing up my wardrobe and makeup options for the occasion! My summer beauty staples are all about bronzing, keeping my skin clear, and finally getting my hands on some of Spectrum's beautifully decorated brushes...
I seriously don't know why it took me so long to try out Bondi Sands. I love tanning - I personally feel more confident with a bronzed glow - and with all of the exciting summer events I have planned I've been keeping my tan topped up with this bloody fabulous tanning foam. I apply it before bed, using a tanning mitt and applying in circular motions, then sleep with it on to allow it to develop and wash it off the next morning. It leaves a wonderfully natural finish that lasts for days! Just make sure to wear some old pjs while it develops - it can get quite messy!

With my hectic filming schedule and the humid weather a thorough facial cleanse every now and then is a must. I love this mask from LUSH. It's got tiny evening primrose seeds and aduki beans in it so it works as a fantastic exfoliator, as well as lots of honey for its antibacterial properties and peppermint oil to leave your skin nice and bright, which also gives it its beautiful fresh scent. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, and also draws out any pesky blemishes. By this I mean that my spots all come to the surface, so it's not one to test out before a big night out or special occasion!

I absolutely love my high-end fragrances, but in the summer heat I like to carry a less expensive scent in my bag to spritz whenever I'm in need of a little refresh. This Ghost Girl perfume fits the bill perfectly. It gives off a lovely fresh scent and is just the right size for popping in my handbag. It means I don't have to use up loads of my expensive perfumes and can still smell fabulous. 

I am going kinda crazy for highlight lately (a girl can never have enough highlight, am I right?) and this bronze liquid is the perfect match for a bronzed body! It gives a really subtle shimmer but is pretty buildable so you can decide just how glitzy you want to get. I actually received this as part of an internship goody bag, and it's only now that I've actually started using it. I think it'll last forever too!
Keeping up with the highlighting theme, I've been using this beautiful shimmery eyeshadow stick on the inner corner of my eyes to add a little light to heavier makeup looks and I'm loving it. Not sure I'd pay £23 for it (I received this as part of an internship goody bag), but I'm a big fan nevertheless. Glitter eyes aren't just for festivals, you know. 

I only started using setting sprays last year and now can't imagine heading out of the house without applying one! I received this little beauty from Urban Decay a few weeks ago and have loved using it. I spray it onto my face once my makeup is complete, and then allow it to sink into the skin by gently tapping over it with a damp beauty blender. It helps to keep my makeup in place and also works a treat when in need of a little refresh halfway through the working day. I also love the packaging - so sleek! 
Sleek Cream Contour Palette | £10.99
I seem to be going through a phase where all I want to do at the moment is get dressed up and go out. I think it's because it's my first summer in about 8 years where I haven't been studying and I'm really enjoying getting my contour on. This palette is ideal for adding light and shade to your face. Blends perfectly and doesn't break the bank either.

Spectrum Collections Brush Set | Sample*
I went to the most amazing Spectrum Collections blog event a week or so ago and received these beautiful brushes in my goodie bag. Seriously, this Welsh beauty brand has rocketed in the last year or so and I'm so happy for the girls behind it. Their branding is so on point and the brushes are so wonderful too. Super soft, a gorgeous colour and they apply the perfect amount of coverage. 

What products are you loving at the moment?
Lots of love. xoxo

14 comments:

  1. The sleek contouring palette looks just like the Primark version and it's actually rather good for a budget palette. I'm a huge fan of ghost fragrances as well - they're so wearable

    Mel ★ www.meleaglestone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow - I haven't seen the Primark one! xx

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to try that Lush mask!! Sounds amazing! Xx

    makeupbyellaj.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try the Bondi Sands foam! I have the oil at the moment but it doesn't last as long as foam ones usually do! Mask of Magnamity is also my holy grail! Xx

    Tamz - www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamz, you would LOVE it! It's so good. xx

      Delete
  4. i'm a tanning newbie which is why i recently picked up the liquid gold and i can't wait to use it.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep - exciting! Hope you like it :) xx

      Delete
  5. I also recently jumped onto the Bondi Sands bandwagon and I'm obsessed! No other fake tan compares! Great post.

    - Nicole x

    Lipsticks and Louboutins

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try Bondi Sands tanner - heard so many great things!xx

    Lucy | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little wary of cream contouring but am really tempted to try the Sleek palette as it's so inexpensive. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I love it for a night out! Wouldn't do it for daily makeup though - takes too long haha xx

      Delete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS