Thursday, 10 August 2017

Holiday Diary | My week in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.

I know I start literally every blog post with a statement about how much of a whirlwind life has been, and this one is no different. Since I last posted I've been crazy busy with work - road tripping up and down the country for different shoots - and have had so many other fun events going on in between. It's been seriously hectic, leaving my poor little brain feeling super tired and my body in major need of some TLC, so a week's holiday to the beautiful island of Lanzarote couldn't have come at a better time. 
I've visited the Canary Islands before, having holidayed as a teen in Tenerife and Gran Canaria with my family on several occasions. Admittedly, I spent more time nagging my dad for euros and scuttling off to the nearest internet café in order to chat to my friends on MSN for fear of missing out on some serious summer holiday shenanigans (remember the good old days where wifi didn't exist?). But having made such amazing memories there before, I was so excited to jet off for a week of relaxation with my lovely mum. It felt much needed after the crazy ball of stress my life had become over the past few weeks. 
We stayed at the beautiful Natura Palace Hotel, which was roughly a half hour walk along the promenade to the resort of Playa Blanca, and it was seriously beautiful. Tranquil, luxurious, and across the road from the crystal blue waves, it provided the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of every day life. 
Days usually started with a morning workout by the sea. I would never have dreamed of working out on holiday before I caught the gym bug a few years ago, but it's actually pretty refreshing to get up and kick some calorie butts before breakfast. We would run along the promenade, which followed the coastline from Playa Blanca town itself to a little lighthouse at the far end of the island; and the views made it pretty easy to drag ourselves out of bed. For miles all you can see is the blue of the waves colliding with the horizon, and the waves lapping against the rocky shores. I find the sea so calming anyway, so it was the ideal way to wipe away any sleepy cobwebs. 
Days were spent lounging by the pool with a book in hand, something I haven't done for so long; but mid-afternoon we'd usually go for a stroll to nearby Flamingo Beach. There were no pink flamingos strolling around (though there were a few pesky pigeons), but the beach was equally as beautiful. I particularly loved how colourful love locks lined the chains on the cliffs overlooking the bay. 
Each evening we would get dolled up in our finest holiday gear to head out for dinner. We were on a half-board basis, so usually ate at the hotel, though we couldn't resist heading out some evenings for some pizza (anyone else think that pizza on holiday tastes freaking amazing?!). After eating we'd walk along the coastline to the little town of Playa Blanca, witnessing some fabulous sunsets on the way, and would spend time sipping cocktails by the seafront, searching for little ice cream parlours and doing lots of shopping, of course.

My mum and I always enjoy doing a little exploring, and while most of the holiday was spent lounging by the pool and beach, we did take a day out to cruise around the island on a beautiful white catamaran. We caught the yacht from Puerto de Carmen and sailed across to the gorgeous beaches at Papagayo. These are six stretches of white sandy bays, a little different to the volcanic black rock that can be found along the coastline by Playa Blanca, which are overlooked by the towering volcanoes that make up the island. It really is something special. The place is also strangely untouched, with just dunes and lots of holiday makers lapping up the suns rays. We swam in the (f*cking freezing) water, spent time lazing around on deck, and making the most of the sunshine. There's nothing I love more than a Monday spent just like this.

All in all, Lanzarote was an absolute dream and I loved every second. It was so nice to relax and unwind, in the company of my lovely mother who made me belly laugh several times daily. If you're looking for a quiet place to just get away then I can't recommend this stunning island enough. I'll definitely be back!

Lots of love. xoxo

31 comments:

  1. You're so pretty! and that place is heavenly :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous, also I love your outfits, especially the one in the first picture! x

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) That was my favourite outfit haha xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, what a gorgeous place! Those pictures are stunning. Love all of your outfits as well :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! :) it really was beautiful xx

      Delete
  4. Aw this is making me so jealous. I was in Playa Blanca in April this year and loved it! Really want to go back xx

    keiratoni.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it?! I loved it! xx

      Delete
  5. This looks fab!! I'm desperate to get away on holiday and this seems like the perfect place. You look absolutely gorgeous in every outfit too x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go away again already haha! Thank you hun :) xx

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful trip you have!
    I`m following your blog with a great pleasure with Google+
    Please follow me back - Sunny Eri: beauty experience

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sky!! The water!! It looks absolutely stunning!!

    Meghan | The Lipstick Philosopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so dreamy! I'm in desperate need of a holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahh same, I already wanna go back! xx

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had an amazing time!! I loved all our outfits, I wish you could choose my clothes for me! As much as I love the gym, because I suck at running I always slack on holiday! xx

    Tamz | www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamz! We were quite lucky as there was a gym there too so I just went there some days xx

      Delete
  10. ahhh I've stayed at the Natura 4 times!! You look beautiful and those sunsets look gorgeous!! xx

    emilyjanewebb.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best place isn't it?! Thanks so much :) xx

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh I am very very jealous!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures look amazing! One day I really want to visit Lanzarote :)


    Sarah x
    www.palmtreesandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I'm sure you would love it! xx

      Delete
  13. Looks like a lot of fun and absolutely gorgeous - never been to Lanzarote before but definitely want to visit. :)

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pictures are so beautiful! I love the outfits you're wearing xx

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sunset is incredible, it actually looks like the sky is on fire!

    Sophie | www.astoldby-sophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Save up to 40% on QBE travel insurance In Melbourne. Holiday To Lanzarote Holiday to Lanzarote... looking for an exceptional stay next to the ocean? We're offering 1st line luxury locations with private heated pool or Jacuzzi.



    Visit Now - http://casasdelmarlanzarote.com/

    ReplyDelete

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS